Want to get the most out of your home heating sytem? Here are five great home heating tips from Matthew Holtkamp to keep the heat inside your home, where it belongs!
5 Home Heating Tips from Holtkamp HVAC
1. Check for drafts and insulation. Keep your heated air and humidity inside, and keep the cold air outside! A drafty home is almost impossible to keep at a comfortable temperature, since it’s leaking warm air.
2. Consider an indoor humidifier. Not the kind you get at the drugstore, but a true, full-home humidifier as an addition to your system. In the wintertime, humidity is really what makes your home feel comfortable.
3. Embrace humidity. Shower with the door open, don’t use the bathroom fan and cook on your stovetop instead of the oven or microwave. Steam and humidity are your friends in the wintertime, so steam things up this time of year!
4. Drop your thermostat lower. Crank it down when nobody is there, and turn it up later. Unlike cooling a hot house down in summer, it’s actually very easy to warm up your house quickly in the wintertime because modern-day furnaces are so efficient.
5. Better yet, program your thermostat. Rather than manually controlling your thermostat at all times of day, take a minute to program your thermostat and let it do all the work. Call us at 770.271.7511—we’ll walk you through the easy steps of programming your thermostat and can make recommendations on temperature settings.
The most important thing you can do as we enter the winter months is schedule a $68 Heating Tune-up. Just like getting new tires and brakes for your car, it’s important to get regular maintenance for your furnace. Plus, you’ll enjoy lower power bills and more comfort!