Your heating system and air conditioning system are some of the most expensive elements of your home. When it’s time to replace these heating & air units, you need to know you can trust your HVAC company with this major purchase.
But how can you tell whether you’re getting an estimate from an honest, reputable company that truly cares about your comfort?
Here are 5 Tips on How to Trust your HVAC Company
1. Before the HVAC Estimate – Did the company send you an email with a photo and information about the representative coming to your home?
At Holtkamp Heating & Air, we email every homeowner with a photo and bio introducing them to their friendly, professional comfort consultant.
2. Arrival of the HVAC Company – Did the company have a clean, clearly marked van that didn’t drip oil on your driveway? And did you see a photo id when you opened the door?
Our iconic vans and vehicles are clean and clearly marked with our logo, and we arrive on time as scheduled because we understand your time is important. When you answer the door, you’ll be greeted by our friendly staff and see their ID badge that matches the email you already received. Plus, they’re all highly trained and NATE-certified, ensuring you’re dealing with true comfort specialists.
3. Diagnosis of your Comfort Problems – Did the company spend a few brief minutes walking around your house counting HVAC registers and returns before scratching up a quick estimate or providing a verbal one? Tsk, tsk. Those companies tend to “rip and replace” whatever size system you already had, neither improving your comfort or your energy bills.
We invest the proper amount of time and make recommendations based on sound building science, a full heat load calculation and years of experience, not a “best guess.” We then take the time to help you understand your options in terms of size, efficiency and budget.
4. Quality of the HVAC Equipment – What brand of equipment did the company recommend? If you’re getting a bottom-dollar builder grade unit, then the results will be as disappointing as the longevity of that unit.
As Gwinnett’s only independent American Standard Comfort Care Dealer, we are very proud to recommend and install what is widely regarded as the most reliable HVAC equipment available. In fact, a leading consumer digest survey rated American Standard as the most reliable over any other brand on the market.
5. Warranty Matters – Make sure you get a very firm understanding of what their warranty entails. Many heating & air companies want to get your money for the install and the disappear when it’s time to make sure your system is working as promised.
At Holtkamp Heating & Air, we provide our customers with the Comfort Match Warranty, the best in the business. When you maintain your professional maintenance, you won’t pay a penny for parts or labor for the life of any element of the installed system as defined by the manufacturer. Some components are covered up to 12 years! Now that’s peace of mind.
Hopefully you find these tips useful as you look to make the right decision regarding your HVAC system. If you’d like a free estimate from one of our friendly comfort consultants, please call us at 770.271.7511 or get a quick estimate below. We’re always here to help!