Throw these tasty pecans in a mason jar with a festive ribbon for the perfect hostess gift or “take home” gift for your guests. They’re great as a snack, appetizer or even on salads. Careful, it’s easy to eat a lot of these candied pecans!
2 cups pecans
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp light brown sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large non-stick skillet, add the pecans, granulated sugar, brown sugar, water and butter. (and cinnamon/vanilla if using)
- Place over high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until all moisture has evaporated and the pecans become glossy and start to clump together. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and quickly transfer nuts to prepared baking sheet. Spread out into a single layer and set aside to cool.
- Once hard, break apart and enjoy!