When it’s muggy outside, it’s muggy inside. And excess humidity can make you miserable. Plus, daily activities such as cooking, cleaning and showering can add as much as 25 pounds of moisture to your home.
You can literally see, feel and smell it:
- Indoor condensation appears on windows, mirrors and cold drinks
- Your house becomes a breeding ground for insects
- Wood floors, trim and wood furniture warp or rot
- You experience uncomfortable sweating at normal indoor temperatures
- Skin feels sticky in summer/clammy in winter
- Rooms smell musty, especially basements
While these problems might be bad, the health issues that can arise from excess moisture are even worse.
Without controlling humidity in your home, excess moisture can cause:
- Mold and mildew to grow
- Dust mites to thrive
These contaminants can trigger asthma, allergies and other ailments in your family.
How to Control Humidity? A Whole-Home Dehumidifier
While your air conditioner primarily controls temperature in your home, you need full humidity control to maintain comfortable, healthy conditions. The best way to control humidity is a whole-home dehumidifier.
A whole-home dehumidifier is installed as part of your home’s heating and cooling system. It works in conjunction with your air conditioner, or independently as needed, to remove the ideal amount of moisture to solve the problems listed above.
This is done throughout your entire home, using a single, out-of-the-way source—unlike a portable noisy dehumidifier that requires daily emptying and only works in a single room.
Other advantages of a whole-home dehumidifier include:
- Automatic humidity sensing: allows for better monitoring and control of humidity
- Convenient, quiet operation: away from your living space
- Low maintenance dehumidifier: simple annual filter cleaning
- Fresh air ventilation: automatically removes or dilutes polluted air
Get a Free Estimate on the Best Dehumidifier For You
All homes need humidity control. And in our southern climate, you need it year round. We offer a full line of Aprilaire whole home dehumidifiers that will meet your family’s needs and bring you great comfort. Enjoy an industry-leading 5-year warranty and all are manufactured proudly in the USA.
If you’re tired of damp air and a musty smell in your home, please contact us or call 770-271-7511 to schedule your free estimate.