We’re already having freezing temperatures, and meteorologists are predicting a brutal winter. Fortunately, your friends at Holtkamp Heating & Air are here to provide quick tips to keep you cozy and help you get the most out of your heating system.
Comfort Tip #1: Humidity is your friend.
- In colder months, humidity is really what makes your home feel comfortable.
- Shower with the door open and don’t use the bathroom fan.
- Use your stovetop for cooking more than the oven or microwave and don’t turn on your vent fan. The steam rising from your pots and pans contributes to indoor comfort!
- Rather than using your dishwasher’s drying cycle, open the door to air dry the dishes and let that precious steam escape!
- Consider a whole home humidifier which automatically regulates humidity for maximum comfort.
Comfort Tip #2: Change your filters.
- If your filter is clogged with dust, hair and debris, your system simply can’t perform properly.
- Change your filter at least every 3 months, if not every month. It’s the easiest and least expensive way to impact your system’s performance.
- Grab a Sharpie and label your filter with the date you changed it, and you’ll always know how long it’s been since the last change!
Comfort Tip #3: Tune-up your system.
- Just like changing the oil in your car, the best way to keep your furnace operating at peak efficiency is to have one of our HVAC experts perform our industry-leading $68 furnace tune-up.
- Furnaces that aren’t regularly serviced can be a source of carbon monoxide, and our 21 Point Tune-Up will keep your family safe and comfortable.
- Our tune-up will extend the life of your unit, prevent costly breakdowns and lower your energy bills!
Call 770.271.7511 or schedule your $68 tune-up here.