Now that we have a better idea of how hurricane Irma will impact Gwinnett County and the surrounding area, we will likely have heavy rain and steady 30-40mph winds.
Here are a few tips to help protect your home and property:
• Remove furniture, plants and hanging baskets from your porch and place inside or in your garage
• Move your trash can, recycling bins and grills into your garage
• Remove all bird feeders, wind chimes, yard art, etc which can become damaged at the very least or turn into projectiles at the very worst
• Make sure any outdoor pets have access to shelter, water and food, or consider bringing them indoors
• If you have loose limbs, they’ll likely be falling during the storm. Stay clear from trees if possible.
• Fully charge your devices and bring out a few candles and flashlights in case of a power outage.
Stay safe, and please keep the Floridians in the direct path of the storm in your prayers!