Happy First Day of Fall! Eleanor has 5 tips to keep it from being a ruff winter.
1) Change your filter every 60-90 days, or every 30 days if you have pets. A clogged filter makes your system work overtime, driving up energy bills.
2) Make sure you aren’t covering your home’s air vents and returns with furniture, rugs and drapes. Proper air flow prevents hot and cold spots in your home.
3) Take a walk around your home’s interior and exterior, looking for leaks and gaps around doors and windows that could be sealed or fixed. Don’t let the air you’re paying to heat escape your home!
4) Speaking of air escaping, when’s the last time your ductwork was inspected? According to the Department of Energy, an average of 30% of all heated and cooled area escapes into attics, crawlspaces and basements due to leaky ductwork. Yikes! Heating these spaces is literally throwing money away.
5) You wouldn’t let your car go a year without maintenance, and you shouldn’t let your HVAC system do the same. A Fall Tune-up is the easiest way to keep it in tip-top shape and avoid major repairs when temperatures plummet. Plus, you can have us inspect your ductwork while we’re out there.
To schedule Fall Maintenance or a Ductwork Inspection, contact us or call 770-271-7511 today. We’ll keep you cozy all winter long!