Want a super (and simple) new appetizer recipe for your next gathering? Suzanne came across a phenomenal Spinach dip recipe many years ago in a cookbook called Gracious Goodness, Charleston. She made a few tweaks to pump up the flavor and turned it into a family favorite!
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz) carton plain nonfat yogurt
5 ounces shredded cheese (Cheddar, White American, Swiss or Parmesan work well)
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 (1 oz) package no-oil Italian dressing mix
1 (2 oz) jar sliced pimiento, drained
Dash (or two!) of Holtkamp Heatwave Hot Sauce, or your favorite hot sauce
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Drain spinach and press between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
• Combine spinach and remaining ingredients in bowl and stir well.
• Spoon mixture into dish and spread evenly.
• Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated, bubbly and a little browned.
• Serve with Stacy’s Pita Chips or a good loaf of crusty bread cut into bite-sized pieces.
As you’ll see, this crowd-pleasing dish is a real score!