Archive for the ‘Community’ Category

Free Art Class Giveaway for Valentine’s Day

As a proud supporter of the Hudgens Center for Art & Learning, we’re very excited to spread our love for the arts in our community. Please enter our free art class Valentine’s giveaway. We’re giving away 10 free art classes at The Hudgens Center for Art & Learning worth up to $215 each, including painting, pottery, photography & more! There are two easy steps to enter: 1. Like our Facebook page. 2. Tag someone in a comment (spouse, loved one, friend, coworker, etc) and tell them why you’d love to take a class with them! Five local lucky winners will be a randomly drawn on February 16th from those who comment and tag a friend. They’ll each get two vouchers to take any class together this year. Good luck! Enter Now on our Facebook Page

Supporting Special Kneads Bakery in our Community

Did you know there is a bakery here in Gwinnett that gives meaningful employment to adults with special needs? In addition to their retail bakery business, they’re a non-profit that gives free birthday cakes to foster kids, senior citizens and others throughout our community. Special Kneads & Treats is located near Downtown Lawrenceville and we’re so moved by their mission we love sponsoring them in several ways. Watch our video to learn more about Special Kneads and the wonderful folks that work there. How did we get creative to support Special Kneads? We mailed vouchers to all our Comfort Club maintenance members for free baked goods. This rewards our customers but also raises awareness of the bakery. We added a coupon to our playbill ad at Aurora Theatre, so every patron of their shows has the opportunity to enjoy something from Special Kneads while driving foot traffic into the store. Each show at Aurora Theatre has a Sponsor Preview Night, and we provide cupcakes for the attendees to enjoy at intermission with signs featuring the bakery’s logo. Plus we made this video to help raise awareness! Our challenge to you: Our family’s theme with local partners like Special Kneads is […]

Why Should Your Child Explore Technical Education?

When I graduated from technical school in Iowa in 1985, a college classmate lined me up with a job opportunity in Stone Mountain. Fresh out of school and just getting started in my career, I had always been inspired by the independent and entrepreneurial farmers from my community and knew one day I would own my own business. What made that dream possible? First, hard work and drive. These are always key ingredients in success of any kind. But the primary foundation for my career was the solid heating and air fundamentals I learned in my HVAC technical education program. That foundation, combined with 10 years working for the largest HVAC companies in metro Atlanta, helped me realize my dream and launch my business in 1996. Fast-forward 22 years and now I’m working hard as a living example to help young people embrace technical education as an affordable and enjoyable path to lifelong careers and happiness.  Why should your child consider exploring the option of technical eduction? Let’s look at the numbers. A Brief Assessment of Higher Education in America Why is it that we have a mindset where high school should automatically be followed with a four year degree […]

Art Class Giveaway: Connecting our Community with the Hudgens Center

We’re proud sponsors of the Hudgens Center for Art & Learning, an artistic gem in Gwinnett located on the Infinite Energy Center campus. For 2017, we’ve sponsored free admission for all to the galleries so folks in our area can enjoy any exhibits and get better connected to amazing art, much of which is from local artists. Well, we’re taking that idea about getting our local community connected with art to a whole new level. We’ve partnered with the Hudgens Center to give away 10 free art classes on our Facebook page! These classes are valued at up to $215 each, and include: Pottery Sculpture Calligraphy Oil/acrylic painting Photography And more! How to Enter? 3 Easy Steps: Like our Facebook Page. Find the Hudgens Art Class Giveaway Post Comment on why you want to win and tag someone with whom you’d like to take a class! (spouse, friend, coworker, etc) On January 2nd, 5 lucky winners will be drawn randomly from those who comment on the post and tag a friend. Each winner will get two vouchers good for an art class to be used any time in 2018; one for them and one for their friend! Ready to enter? Visit […]

Shop Locally for Creative Gifts and Save at the Hudgens Center This Weekend

Have you considered shopping locally for holiday gifts? Visit The Hudgens Center for Art & Learning Gift Shop this weekend for “Small Business Saturday.” You’ll enjoy a 20% discount on all available items, including lots of work from amazing Georgia artists. Plus, you can enjoy the current Hudgens gallery exhibit for *free* since we’ve proudly sponsored admission for all in our community!

Bringing Awareness to Hunger & Special Kneads Bakery

Wow, what a blast we had at the Good Taste Atlanta show at Infinite Energy Center! We had two main missions for the evening, each meant to benefit our community. First, attendees were encouraged to bring canned goods that were be donated to the Salvation Army and distributed to local families in need. We gathered nearly half a ton of canned goods, dry goods and much needed items that will help stock the shelves of the Salvation Army’s food pantry. Additionally, we wanted to raise awareness about Special Kneads & Treats Bakery, a non-profit bakery located in Lawrenceville that provides meaningful employment for special needs adults. What better way to help attendees fall in love with this bakery than providing four flavors of FREE cupcakes! Carrot Cake was a huge hit… But you can’t ever go wrong with red velvet either! German Chocolate and Vanilla with Chocolate Icing were also equally enjoyed. Folks were stacked four deep at the booth waiting to get their mitts on one of these moist, delicious cupcakes! More important, attendees were able to meet some of the special needs workers that lovingly create cupcakes, cakes and more. Once they enjoyed the free sweet treats and met the […]

Supporting our Community at the Good Taste Atlanta Show

Join us at the Good Taste Atlanta show this Thursday, October 19th for two great opportunities to support our community. (in addition to enjoying live cooking demo’s from the area’s best restaurants!) Canned Goods for Local Food Banks First, attendees are encouraged to bring canned goods that will be donated to the Salvation Army and distributed to local families in need. For every can that’s donated, attendees will receive a raffle ticket for the grand prize drawing of a $100 Visa gift card! Free Cupcakes Courtesy of Holtkamp Heating & Air We’re also proud to announce that we’re sponsoring a Special Kneads & Treats Bakery booth at the show and providing FREE cupcakes for the first 400 attendees that visit the booth. You’ll get a chance to meet some of the workers that lovingly create cupcakes, cakes and more at this non-profit bakery that provides meaningful employment for special needs adults. Finally, the first 100 visitors to the booth will also get a voucher for up to $10 of free baked goods to be used at Special Kneads & Treats, courtesy of Holtkamp Heating & Air! “Food is something that brings people together, and this event is the ideal chance […]

Enjoy an Amazing Exhibit at Hudgens Center for Free!

The Hudgens Center for Art & Learning has put together an exhibit of beautiful clay artwork handmade by artists throughout the South. From an eclectic collection of cups to beautiful butterflies, there are so many incredibly detailed pieces to appreciate. Because we’re sponsoring free admission for all to the Hudgens Center in 2017, you can go enjoy this exhibit and all future exhibits at no charge!   Take your family to the Hudgens Center this summer, and explore the arts on our dime!

Holtkamps Sponsor Free Admission to Hudgens Center for 2017

At Holtkamp Heating & Air, we’ve been providing local residents like you with high-quality HVAC service for 20 years.  During this time, we’ve also made a strong commitment to the local arts community across Gwinnett County and the surrounding areas. To build on our support of the local arts, we are very pleased to announce that we are sponsoring free admission for all to the Hudgens Center for Art & Learning throughout 2017. “Our family has been heavily involved in the arts in Gwinnett County for many years, and a relationship with the Hudgens Center is a natural fit for us,” said Suzanne Holtkamp. “The organization is one of the crown jewels of the local arts scene and we’re thrilled to help everyone in our community gain free access to this world-class facility.” Explore the Hudgens Center for Art & Learning At the Hudgens Center, you’ll see a strong mix of gallery programming, highlighting both internationally and locally renowned artists across a variety of mediums. You can also enjoy art classes for all ages and community arts initiatives, which reach out to underserved populations. You can begin enjoying free access to the galleries at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 21st for the opening reception of A Creative Adventure in […]

Giving Tuesday: Support Technical Education in our Community

If you live in Gwinnett or nearby, you’re lucky to call this place home. We’re surrounded by strong community leaders, excellent infrastructure, an award winning parks system and healthcare, business and educational institutions that all come together to deliver a great quality of life. You may not realize that Gwinnett Technical College plays an incredibly important part in shaping that quality of life and the future leaders and workforce of our community. In fact, Wallethub recently named Gwinnett Tech the #1 Community and Technical College in Georgia and in the Top 5% in the U.S.! By providing thousands of students with career-focused education and training for more than 30 years, Gwinnett Tech students are launching successful careers to reach their dreams. In fact, 2,400 students graduated last year and 99% of them became employed. My company, Holtkamp Heating & Air, has been a longtime provider of scholarships to Gwinnett Tech students in the Heating and Air Conditioning Technician program (HVAC). Now that I’ve also served as a Gwinnett Tech board member for several years, I’ve been amazed to see the wide-ranging areas and important roles of the College’s graduates throughout our community. You might be surprised how often you interact […]

Need Service? Book Online.

Easy and hassle-free. We’ll confirm your appointment.

Ready to regain comfort in your home?

Request Service Now.

Request Service

Request Service